There are several types of video marketing that businesses can leverage to promote their brands and drive more traffic, leads, and sales. In this blog post, we’ll explore the different kinds of this digital marketing tool, which types should be used in each phase of the marketing funnel, and how to build an effective video marketing funnel that converts viewers into paying customers.
I. Types of Video Marketing
Before we dive into the universe of motion picture marketing, it’s important to note that the type of video you create should depend on your marketing objectives and target audience. Here are some of the most popular types of video marketing:
1. Explainer Videos: These videos are short and concise, it explains how a product or service works. These educate viewers about what a company does.
2. Product Demo Videos: Videos that highlight products, features, specifications, demonstrations, etc. These are useful for eCommerce stores, retailers, manufacturers, etc. Examples would be product unveilings, 360-degree product tours, etc.
3. Brand Videos: Brand videos are used to showcase the personality and values of a brand. They’re typically longer than other types and aim to create an emotional connection with the audience.
4. Animated Videos: These videos use animations and motion graphics to convey information or tell a story, making them ideal for simplifying complex ideas or making a product or service more visually appealing. Animated videos tend to be very attention-grabbing and shareable.
5. Live Videos: They are streamed in real-time going live on platforms like YouTube, Facebook or Instagram. This type can be used to showcase events, answer questions from customers, or offer behind-the-scenes glimpses of a company. Live streams build instant connection and community.
6. Case Study/ Testimonial Videos: These videos feature satisfied customers or clients sharing their positive experiences with a product or service. They can help build trust and credibility with potential customers.
7. Social Media Videos: These are short, engaging videos that are designed to be shared on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. They are often used to generate buzz, increase engagement, and drive traffic to the company’s website.
Within each type, there are also variations and more niche options emerging as video marketing continues to grow in popularity and capability. So how do you determine what kinds of videos will really resonate with your audience? The answer lies in understanding the stages people go through on their journey to becoming a customer which is the Marketing funnel.
II. Map Video to your Marketing funnel
The Marketing funnel consists of five stages: awareness, consideration, conversion, retention, and advocacy. Each stage requires a different type of video to effectively move potential customers through the funnel.
1. Awareness Phase:
Most prospects start at the awareness stage, where they’re just getting familiar with what you offer. This is prime time for explainer videos, animated videos, or social media videos.
- Explainer videos are like a quick intro to your business and products in an easy, eye-opening way.
- Animated videos let you show off your creativity and share something memorable.
- And social media videos are engaging and shareable among users easily on digital platforms.
2. Consideration Phase:
As leads progress to the consideration phase, your audience is considering their options and trying to decide whether or not to purchase from you. To help them make an informed decision, you can create product demos, how-to videos, and case study/ customer testimonial videos.
- Product demo videos shine a spotlight on your products’ highlights and benefits so viewers can compare and contrast different choices.
- How-to videos give people a chance to see your products in action through helpful tutorial demonstrations.
- Case studies/ testimonial videos feature real customer success stories and social proof via recommendations from businesses just like them.
3. Conversion Phase:
By the decision stage, you want to anticipate any lingering questions or doubts from customers, and they need a little nudge to complete the transaction. That’s when you need
- Product guides dive into details around specs, integrations, pricing, and more
- FAQs videos to cover commonly asked questions and Live Q&A to give potential clients the opportunity to ask you anything live and get customized guidance.
- Promotion videos or limited-time offers to encourage them to take action.
4. Retention Phase:
You want to keep your existing customers engaged and coming back for more. You can create
- Videos that provide tips, tricks, and other valuable information related to your products or services.
- You can also create customer review videos to showcase your most loyal customers.
5. Advocacy Phase:
Finally, you want to encourage your customers to spread the word about your brand to others.
- Brand videos are a suitable choice that showcases your brand values, company culture, and other aspects of your business that your customers will be proud to share with others.
- To encourage your customers to refer others to your business, you can also make videos for your referral program.
Each type has different characteristics and requires different resources. Some of them are better to be short, while others need to be longer. Some of them are more suitable for certain stages of the buyer’s journey, while others can be used at any time.
These are just some suggestions for you to consider, the types of videos to use in each phase will depend on your specific industry, target audience, and marketing goals.
III. Build an Effective Video Marketing Funnel
To build an effective video content marketing funnel, focus on providing value to audiences at each stage. Start with broad awareness and education, narrow scope with tangible examples and proof points, and conclude with comprehensive reassurance.
Match your video types to users’ key goals in each phase. Provide step-by-step guidance. Share compelling social evidence and recommendations. And be available to address questions, from high-level introductions all the way to final product details and negotiations.
An optimized funnel using multiple video types as needed will strengthen retention, increase conversion rates, and boost your business’s success.
Check out this article for detailed step-by-step instructions to build a successful Video Marketing Strategy
In conclusion, video is an essential aspect of digital marketing strategies for businesses of all sizes. By understanding the different types of video marketing and how to use them in each phase of the marketing funnel, you can create effective contents that drive brand awareness, generates leads, and drives sales.
If you’re still struggling to get your video campaigns off the ground, Enosta can help you.
At Enosta Agency, our expert content specialists and video production team deliver impactful video and content marketing solutions tailored to your business goals. Whether you need content to reach new potential customers or to engage and convert viewers into loyal clients, we have the creativity and experience to optimize your strategy and grow your business.
Checkout our Project showcases HERE