Why is Google an effective customer acquisition tool?
An impressive 92.70% of all searches globally happen on Google. Google runs around 99,000 search queries per second, 8.5 billion searches per day. Moreover, the average person searches Google three or four times per day. All of these make it the dominant search engine by far.
Additionally, Google is ranked as the most visited website worldwide, followed by Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram,…
Therefore, many companies and businesses choose Google as a powerful tool to draw in potential customers. Now, let Enosta show you how to attract audience attention via Google with 4 effective ways below.
4 ways to attract customers with Google
Create Google My Business
How to attract audience attention? Before you can do that, make sure your brand can be found on Google. That’s why you need to create Google My Business.
Google My Business is a tool for businesses to manage their online presence on Google Search and Google Map. It shows the most necessary information about your business, including:
- Correct address, phone number, and store hours
- Website URL
- Images updated with new offerings, products,…
- A photo of your physical business location and building
According to Google, customers are 70% more likely to visit and 50% more likely to consider purchasing from businesses with a complete Business Profile on Google. Besides, this tool also helps you interact with customers by reading and responding to their reviews of your business.
Additionally, the Google My Business account aids in enhancing the local SEO component. It allows your business information to appear before the first search results, when customers search for your products/services in a specific area.
Create useful content on Google
How to attract audience attention? Do not forget to create useful content. Google made the most recent announcement about the Google Search search algorithm on August 18, 2022. Content with useful information that is highly valued by users will be prioritized for display on Google.
Here are the guidelines and questions Google has provided to determine whether or not your content is useful.
Focus on people-first content
- Useful and informative content for the website’s existing or potential customers.
- Clearly present practical expertise and in-depth knowledge
- Avoid creating search engines’ priority content such as not adding new value for readers, summarizing other people’s content,…
- Give comprehensive, pertinent information about the subject being discussed.
- Compare favorably to other search results pages in terms of value.
- The page title and main title should provide a brief summary of the content of the article without being sensational or exaggerated.
- Clear sourcing, evidence of the expertise involved, background about the author or the site that publishes it
- The content is written by an expert or enthusiast who demonstrably knows the topic well.
- Avoid easily-verified factual errors
Good presentation and production
- Avoid spelling or stylistic issues
- Avoid producing content sloppy or hastily
- Avoid mass-produced content on a large network of sites
- Avoid excessive amounts of ads that interfere with the main content
To summarize, you should devote time to developing and optimizing useful content for your website. The content should cover topics of interest to customers or solve their problems. And, of course, it should be related to your products, services and brand.
Furthermore, optimizing existing content is also a faster and more effective way to attract new customers.
Being struggle? Try our A-Z Digital Marketing Services
Make use of Google Ads
Google Ads is Google’s online advertising platform. You can use Google Ads to create online ads that target exactly people who are interested in the products and services you provide. This is also an excellent solution for the question, “How to attract audience attention?”
There are many types of advertising on Google Ads. Basically, you can list into 6 forms below.
Google Search Ads
Google Search Ads are ads that appear with Google’s organic search results when customers search for keywords related to the products and services you offer.
To put it simply, when customers have a desire to purchase a specific product. Their first behavior will be searching for information about the product on Google. They search for keywords related to the product they are interested in. At this time, Google Search Ads will help you show your ads in the list of customers’ search results right at the priority positions.
The goal of increasing website traffic from potential customers and boosting sales is best served by Google Search Ads. Because you are showing ads to people who are in need, and are actively looking for information related to your products/services.
Google Display Network
Google Display Network (GDN) is a massive network of websites on the internet, Google’s partners, reaching over 90% Internet users.
Advertisers use Google to place their ads on those websites. When users visit one of these websites to read news, watch entertainment, or shop, your ad will catch their attention.
Some types of ads that run on the Google Display Network include:
- Text display
- Image display
- Animated display
- Video display
GDN ads can include images in ads, which can help your business stand out from the competition and draw in customers quickly. Great reach but lower conversion rate than Google Search Ads. Because GDN ads are displayed to customers who have no need, they only see ads passively.
Youtube, another Google’s product, is the world’s largest video sharing network. It has over 30 million active users per day and 1.9 billion active users monthly. As a result, YouTube Ads are also preferred by many businesses.
The video ads can appear in a variety of places, including before, during, and after other videos, as well as directly on the YouTube homepage. YouTube ads are available in a variety of formats besides videos, including text, images, banners, …
Some common types of YouTube ads include:
- Youtube Masthead
A banner or video that appears 24/24 on the top of the YouTube homepage. Any interface is compatible (PC, Mobile or TV). This is the type of advertising that reaches the most people because it appears first when users access YouTube. However, because it is not possible to target customers, it is best suited for businesses looking to maximize product/service or brand awareness, or expand customer reach.
- Skippable In-stream Ads
Video ads are played before, during or after the video users want to watch and can be skipped after 5 seconds. Advertisers can enhance their ads with interactive elements such as call-to-action buttons, sitelink extensions, and so on. The video ads must be at least 12 seconds long, with a maximum of 60 seconds recommended by Google. You are only charged when a viewer watches 30 seconds of your video ads, or the entire video if it is less than 30 seconds, or interacts with the video (for CPV bidding). Alternatively, you may pay based on impressions (for Target CPM, Target CPA, and Maximize conversions bidding strategies).
Skippable in-stream ads are ideal for businesses looking to raise brand awareness and build a list of potential customers. Because if the user is not interested, they will ignore the advertisement. Businesses will identify users who are truly interested in the products/services if they stop watching for longer periods of time or interact with the videos.
- Non-skippable In-stream video ads
76% of users will skip the ads automatically. Many businesses use non-skippable video ads to get around this problem. Advertisers will be charged per 1000 impressions (CPM). As a result, this kind of ads is appropriate for businesses that have identified their target audience or want to increase customer awareness. Make your ad as interesting and useful as possible so that users can view the entire ad without feeling uncomfortable.
- Bumper Ads
These are video ads that only last 6 seconds and cannot be skipped by users. And businesses also pay per 1000 impressions (CPM) like non-skippable In-stream video ads. Bumper Ads help to convey information quickly and effectively, without making viewers feel uneasy. It is suitable for businesses that are launching a new product, offering a discount program, or hosting a special event.
- Discovery Ads
A powerful type of keyword advertising. Your video will appear at the top of the search page of Youtube when customers search for the keywords you have installed. Because the ads are all based on the viewer’s search content, they are reaching the right target audience.
Google’s Gmail Ads is displayed as an email sent to the user’s mailing address. They usually appear in 2 tabs: Promotions and Social. Gmail Ads especially promote its functions with services and products in the fields of insurance, beauty salons, real estate, digital products, etc.
Besides, Gmail Ads are also suitable for the technology field. Because users in these areas check their mailboxes more often.
Google Shopping Ads
This is a type of online advertising that aims to provide buyers with product information as quickly as possible.
Google Shopping has provided numerous benefits to retailers since its inception. Assist them in doubling their revenue, resulting in a 35% increase in click-through rates on displayed ads. Furthermore, this form of ads can help advertisers save up to 25% of their PPC advertising budget.
Google Shopping Ads have been used by e-commerce companies such as Amazon, Ebay, Lazada, Shopee, and others. Furthermore, if you have an online store, running Google Shopping ads can help you attract customers. Because 70% of potential customers use Google to search for information and find out where a product is sold before making a purchase decision.
Google Shopping Ads is suitable for almost any industry. Fashion, cosmetics, technological equipment, electronics, and so on are examples of typical industries.
Google allows you to create a Remarketing List in order to support more effective advertising. As a result, you can remarket to people who have used your app, visited your website, watched YouTube videos, subscribed to your email list, and so on.
According to statistics, more than 80% of website visitors leave without taking any action. Only 1.7% of visitors actively leave contact information, buy something, or take other actions. Businesses have clearly missed a large number of potential customers if they do not actively remarket to these customers. Google Remarketing enables you to run remarketing campaigns that track customers. Suitable for businesses that want to entice customers to return to their website and promote the customer purchase process more quickly and thoroughly.
Google has to process more than 8.5 billion searches per day, and this number will continue to increase in the near future. And optimizing the website will help increase the visibility of existing content to potential customers. This is the response to the question: How to attract audience attention?
Website optimization is a set of actions that can help you improve user experience, traffic, and conversions on your site. So, how do we do that?
Optimizing website SEO is one effective method helping businesses in reaching the most potential customers on Google. Because it will help you rank at the top of the search organic results. To optimize SEO, you should be aware of the following points:
- Keyword research: It’s possible that customers won’t search for what you anticipate them to. Therefore, you must conduct keywords to find out what your customers are interested in, with the precise information about search volumes and keyword difficulty. Good keywords are those that have a high search volume but little difficulty. As a result, you are aware of how to modify which keywords should be given priority for the best outcomes. To obtain comprehensive keyword data, you can use programs like Ahrefs, Moz, Semrush (paid), or Google Keyword Planner (free). Google Trends is another free tool you can use to forecast future search demand.
- On-page SEO optimization: Make sure your keywords appear in the title, meta description, body, image tags, URLs, etc.; For the image section, you should name the image description without accents and – between words, and optimize the description for the image; In terms of length, an article should be between 1300 and 1800 words long. Between 2000 and 3000 words is a very appealing length for in-depth analysis. Remember to optimize your internal links as well. Articles that navigate to each other should be related in content or topic, making it easy for readers to get more information. Google gives the website high priority for this aspect.
- Off-page SEO optimization: Optimization for off-page SEO involves creating external links that point to your website. Backlinks should be placed on popular, well-trusted websites.
- Useful content optimization: Delivering valuable and useful content is more crucial than just concentrating on SEO techniques. Given that you are providing your customers with authentic value, it encourages users to visit and stay on your website. They will love and trust the brand more as a result of the quality articles and the solutions to their problems, and gradually converting into existing customers for your company.
Customers’ first impression of your website is its user interface. They will feel sympathetic toward you if your interface is scientific, beautiful, and consistent with your brand. You can refer to the following below requirements to optimize the website interface:
- Use suitable fonts
- Make good use of color: Colors should harmonize with the images and be able to emphasize the important details,…
- Logical organization: the toolbars or table of contents should be easily recognizable for examples
- The interface should embody the spirit and messages of the brand, and its services/products.
- Be able to draw attention to the CTA button: The CTA should stand out from other texts.
- Avoid too-small text, content that fills the entire screen, or too-close spacing between clickable elements,…
Access Speed optimization
This is the amount of time it takes for all website information to load on a computer or mobile device after the user requests access. 40% of people will leave your page if it takes longer than three seconds to load (Think with Google).
As a result, increasing access speed aids in customer retention. You can accomplish this by:
- Make sure that your images and videos are the proper sizes.
- Invest in better hosting and a good domain name
- Use website speed testing software such as Google Pagespeed Insights, Pingdom, etc. to identify problems.
- Reduce idling redirects
How can Enosta help you?
Hope the methods listed above can help you know how to attract audience attention effectively using Google. However, if you’re not sure where to start, you should consult experts to choose the right path.
Enosta has worked with small and medium-sized businesses for many years. We understand the challenges you face in attracting new customers. Especially in today’s competitive market.
As a result, we offer a comprehensive solution that will assist you in attracting your target customers on Google, including: Digital Marketing, Website Development, Content Creation, and SEO,… Furthermore, Enosta’s team of experts with many years of experience will point you in the right direction for your business problem.
Contact us for a free consultation!