Website is an owned media channel that is powerful for businesses to expand customer awareness and improve conversion rates. Thus, investing in the website is a wise choice that brings effect for a long-term period. So, what makes a good website for SEO from the inside out? Let’s find out!
What is SEO?
SEO stands for “Search Engine Optimization”. It’s a method to increase organic traffic on search engine results. There’s a common mistake that SEO is just about content, actually, SEO is more than that. It’s worked by many factors that adapt Google criteria and users’ demands.
The whole process can take months to take effect, and also, that effect can remain for years. That’s why SEO is a long-term strategy and worth to invest.
Why do you need SEO for Website marketing?
Expand brand awareness
It can be said that SEO is the ultimate method to gain brand awareness. Imagine that users search a keyword related to your business, then your website appears and catches audiences’ attention. As long as your web has a high ranking, SEO is probably a perfect passive marketing strategy.
Improve buying processes
The website is an important touchpoint in the customer journey map. Once your audiences access the website, it’s a chance for you to convert them to the bottom of the sales funnel. Thus, the higher position your website ranks, the easier your potential clients come to you.
Grow your website’s organic traffic
There are many ways to earn traffic for a website including paid ads campaign, referral traffic, and social traffic. However, these methods are costly and only work for a short period of time. To have sustainable organic traffic, SEO is a better way to consider.
What makes a good website for SEO?
Website Content for SEO
It can be mentioned that content is the most important point in SEO. This involves Keyword research and other on-page SEO factors.
From the initial phase, Google will scan content to determine the website topic and rank each page for specific keywords.
SEO-friendly content is:
- Unique: Don’t copy your competitors’ content, Google is smart enough to find out duplicate content. If this is serious, your website can be punished and marked as a low authority domain
- Informative: You probably don’t want your content to be useless to your audiences. Make it valuable to keep them stay on your website
- Engagement: It’s a waste if your content is unique and informative but written in a boring way. Especially the title and meta description, find the most impressive way to convey your idea and provoke audiences to click on your post.
Where to put keywords on your content?
- Title: The meta title that will appear on the search result
- Meta description: A short description that introduces the topic idea
- Heading: A good content structure needs to have at least 2 heading with keywords inserted
- Body content: No need to rapidly repeat the keyword on the body content that is spammy and annoying. Smartly insert these keywords in the most native way
- Anchor text: Alter the main keyword with related keywords in the anchor text to maximize the authority
- Alt text: Alt text for images is a great way for image SEO.
Web Design for SEO
Web design does not directly affect SEO, however, one way or another, a good web design can increase these SEO factors:
- Bounce rate
Thus, you won’t regret when spending an amount of money on design services. Just go for it!
Web Development for SEO
When it comes to technical SEO, the development team takes an important role in the web development process. Before approaching audiences, your website needs Google to crawl and index. Different from audiences, Google doesn’t read your content but HTML tags. Thus the SEO specialist needs to work closely with the development team to deliver the most SEO-friendly website version.
Essential Technical SEO factors
- SSL (Secure sockets layer)
- Web structure
- HTML/Text ratio
- Web speed
- Use pagination
- Canonical tag
When you dig deeper into the web, you might find more points needed to optimize. Use SEO tools to check all of these issues and request the Dev team to support you.
Common SEO tools: SEMRush, Ahref, Google Page Speed Insight, Moz, etc
SEO Solutions for Businesses
Now you have a clear definition of “real SEO”. It’s a process that involves many teams and demands a skillful SEO specialist who can operate it. Missing a single step, your competitor’s website may beat you easily on the search engine.
If you really want to invest in SEO, finding a team who can cover all of these is the best choice to save time and money. And Enosta can help you with this!
Enosta Agency is a Product Acceleration Company that is able to boost your website from the earliest steps. We have teams specializing in different fields that can align together and produce the best SEO performance including Web design, Web development, and SEO team.
Get your website ready to launch with us!